Sojourner is an outstanding example of the popular Mainship 34 Trawler. It offers a centerline queen berth master with stall shower and a salon large enough to entertain in. The galley includes a two-burner cooktop, microwave oven, dual-voltage refrigerator and freezer.
The upper deck provides a magnificent entertaining and lounging area reached via comfortable stairs (no ladders!)
While Mainship marketed the boat as a “34 Trawler” to harken back to successful original Mainship 34, this new model is 39′ LOA with a beam of over 14′. It is the largest 34-footer you’ll find.
She has all the standard features you’d expect including a bow thruster, generator, AC and heat, and a windlass for the anchor. She was factory painted with Flag Blue Awlcraft 2000.
Sojourner has been treated to many updates that make it stand above the pack including:
- Highfield 260CL dinghy (new 2018) with 8HP Yamaha outboard
- Latest generation Raymarine electronics (new 2017)
- Articulating rudder for enhanced maneuverability around the dock
- Kohler 9KW generator (new 2013)
- Custom hardtop by Atlantic Tower with canvas and glass (new 2017)
For the past 8 years Sojourner has lived on the northern Chesapeake Bay in (mostly) fresh water and shows no salt wear-and-tear. She is berthed on the Sassafras River at Georgetown, MD.
For more information: email@example.com
- 3 forward-facing helm chairs
- 3 benches
- Foldable table
- Full suite of nav instruments, VHF, autopilot, stereo
- Custom hardtop by Atlantic Tower with new canvas and glass (2017). No leaks in the rain, no beating sun, and 6 opening panels to let the air flow.
- Open-air aft deck to lay in the sun.
- 22 Kg Rocna and 100’ of chain
- Raw water washdown
- Fresh water hot & cold shower
- Dual 30A SmartPlug inlets
- Lower steering station with full navigation and AP control
- Breakfast bar with stools
- Sofa that converts to a double berth
- HD TV
- Stereo/DVD player with Bluetooth
- Hi/Lo table
- Corian countertops
- Sink with pressurized hot and cold water
- 2-burner cooktop
- Dual-voltage refrigerator/freezer
- Ample storage
- Queen-sized berth with mattress and storage under
- Two wardrobe lockers
- Two opening ports
- Overhead hatch with screen and privacy shade
- Dedicated AC system with heat
- Corian countertop with storage under
- Sink with pressurized hot and cold water
- Electric head
- Holding tank gauge
- Very large standup shower with seat
- Access from the cockpit. No need to move furniture in the salon or move waste through the living spaces.
- Roomy ER has the best access to the engine, generator and other systems of any boat of similar size.
- 370 HP Yanmar 6LYA-STP (approx 1620 hours). Data from Mainship:
|1000||5||5||Not Measured||Not Measured||Not Measured|
- 300 gallon fuel tank
- Oil change system for main engine and generator
- 70 gallon fresh water capacity
- Upgraded fresh water pump (2019)
- 34 gallon black water capacity
- 4 bilge pumps with alarms
- Raw water washdown system
- Dual 30-amp shorepower SmartPlug connections
- Dual isolation transformers
- Upgraded ProMarine ProNautic 3-bank, 3-step charger with remote
- Upgraded charging system to remove diode-based battery isolators and replace them with a Sterling Power ProConnect Relay
- Added a manual emergency combine switch to tie the house and generator batteries together should either be depleted
- NEW Kohler 9EKOZD (2013 – approx 370 hours)
- House batteries: 2x 8D FLA – 2017
- Thruster battery: 1x 8D FLA – 2019
- Generator battery: 1x Group 24 FLA – 2019
- Balmar SmartGauge
Mainship did a poor job with the exhaust routing for their generator install. I know of 5 34Ts that have had water back up through the exhaust. Likely as a result I had a valve self-destruct. It was the same cost to rebuild the existing generator or install a newer model. I opted for newer model with improved controls and serviceability. I also had the exhaust routing improved.
- Raymarine Axiom 12 MFD
- Raymarine Axiom 9 MFD
- Raymarine P70R autopilot controller
- Raymarine EV200 autopilot
- Raymarine Quantum Radar
- Raymarine RS130 GPS
- Standard Horizon GX-2150 VHF w/AIS receiver
- NMEA 2000 backbone
- Airmar depth transducer
- Stereo with Bluetooth on upper deck
- DVD player with stereo and bluetooth in main cabin
- HD TV in main cabin
All Raymarine equipment was updated in 2017-2018 with their latest offerings.
Under the Water
- Shallow 3.5′ draft
- Sand shoe to protect the running gear
- 7 HP Bow thruster with Q-Prop Thruster upgrade
- Dripless shaft log
- Trim tabs
- Bottom soda blasted and barrier coated
- Articulating rudder for enhanced low-speed maneuverability
- Highfield 260CL RIB with seat, storage bag, bow locker, and LED nav lights (new 2018)
- Yamaha 8 HP 2-stroke outboard
- St Croix davits rigged so the transom door can still be used with the dinghy in the davits
- Dockage and winter storage is paid until the spring of 2020.